THE CLOUD MEANS INNOVATION FOR LIFE
The public sector is evolving faster than ever before.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), our mission has always been to support innovators however we can. We strive to help the people who have the vision but not the resources. To help the builders who have the skills but lack the technology partners to connect the dots. To empower change that benefits everyone, no matter how big or small the idea and regardless of the size of the organisation.
We can help those who think of an idea and want to get started straight away. Who want to build and experiment easily, to iterate, to fail – fast, and often – and keep moving towards the goal, which is true innovation. That is how even one small idea has the power to change not just a system, or even a city, but the potential to change the world.
Today, innovative ideas rely on rapidly advancing technologies including the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine learning to help realise change. Ideas also use the power of open data to find solutions from new people and places from outside of their organisations, with results that are transformational.
Your idea, your city, and the entire global community of public sector innovation is waiting to see what you can do now. And with the support of AWS, you can start today – right now, if you like – on realizing your vision, delivering innovation for life, and a better future for all.
HEALTHCARE: THE POWER TO HEAL YOUR CITY
Cloud can help lower the cost of providing quality healthcare services to citizens. Always-on contact centre operations running on AWS provide faster service to callers and deliver accurate answers more consistently. Cloud solutions also help relieve advisors and provide a higher level of service at a lower cost to support a healthier, happier community.
HOW THE AWS CLOUD IS BENEFITING CITIZEN HEALTHCARE:
- MEDISANTÉ – This Swiss-based firm expects five million devices to be exchanging patient data in the cloud within the next five years.
- CANCER RESEARCH UK – The world’s largest independent cancer charity migrated to AWS and saved money that is now being used to save lives instead.
- WEBEL – Leading on IT initiatives for the state government of West Bengal, India, Webel is building trusted public records using blockchain.
- HEALTHDIRECT AUSTRALIA – Delivering services quickly across the entire country, including remote areas, while supporting 300 percent growth.
CONNECTED FOR THE GREATER GOOD
AWS and our partner community can help with solutions to help reduce negative impacts on the environment and improve the quality of life for citizens.
- USING AWS IOT TO HELP PRESERVE LIFE – Nexleaf Analytics harnesses the power of data to tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges, including climate change, global health, and food insecurity.
- DATA-DRIVEN DECISIONS FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENTS – Through AWS technology such as voice AI and data lakes, the London Borough of Waltham Forest in the UK has access to reliable, real-time data that informs critical decisions every day.
TECHNOLOGY THAT ENABLES YOUR VISION
The technology in this space is evolving faster than ever before. This evolution helps forward-thinking organisations, and those within them, deliver breakthrough, cloud-connected ideas. By working in the cloud, organisations are revolutionising cities across the world, improving the lives of citizens and the communities they live in. And not just in isolation.
One idea in India, for example, demonstrates the scale of ambition out there. The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched its Smart Cities Mission (SCM) with the goal to develop 100 smart cities, using a central platform hosted on AWS. The platform helps analyse both real-time and archival data to deliver actionable insights for cities, from up to half a million datasets. Ideas needn’t be expensive, either. The City of Cagliari in Italy built a robust solution supported by AWS to give citizens real-time and resilient online access to local election results. This was deployed, from scratch, within 20 days of the election, supporting over 7 million requests (more than 200 per second) – all for a total cost of €125.
There really has never been a better time to harness the power of IoT, open data, machine learning, and more to realise your vision, supported by the AWS Cloud.